Discover 40 fantastic Thanksgiving recipes to make your table even more yummy! Between classic American recipes, healthy versions, sweet and savory options, everyone will find their favorites!
Have you thought about your Thanksgiving menu yet? I’m sure you have. Now if you need some last minute recipe ideas to make it perfect, I’ve got your back! I previously shared 20 vegetarian recipes for Thanksgiving and now I’m back with even more Thanksgiving recipes. I just gathered 40 (yes, 40!) colorful recipes from which to choose to make your Thanksgiving table even more delicious.
40 Thanksgiving recipes
Important note: This post has been updated as of November 19th, 2019 with +13 additional recipes, which brings us to 53 Thanksgiving recipes to choose from!
I hope you will find some great inspiration for your Thanksgiving menu. Also, don’t forget to tag #delscookingtwist on Instagram and share your realizations on my Facebook group so I can see them too. Happy Thanksgiving!
Appetizers & Starters
First, always start with a few appetizers and starters your guests can snack on during the evening. Finger food is always perfect to mingle.
- Sweet Potato Bread Wreath with Baked Camembert
- Mini Cranberry-Pecan Cheese Ball Bites
- Carrot and Turmeric Hummus
- Baked Brie-Camembert Pyramid with Pomegranate & Pistachio
- Moist Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread
- Homemade Multiseed No-Knead Bread
- Tarte Soleil Appetizer
- Sweet Potato Toasts with Guacamole
In case of chilly weather, your guests will enjoy to warm up around a small bowl of warm soup, packed with seasonal vegetables. Soup is also perfect to serve as a leftover the following days after the party.
- Pumpkin and Red Lentil Soup
- Sumptuous Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Purple Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Maple-Candied Bacon
- Vegan Parsnip Soup + Crunchy Granola
Vegetarian Mains & Sides
Let’s move on to the main and side dishes! As a mostly plant-based food blogger, I focus on vegetarian options here. All of these dishes can actually be enjoyed either as side or main dish. Now if you really want a traditional Thanksgiving, check out my Lemon-Herb Roasted Turkey recipe that I originally prepared for Peugeot Saveurs, and serve along with a few of the following sides.
- Spicy Sweet Potato & Peanut Butter Gratin
- Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole
- Fall Harvest Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Goat Cheese Polenta with Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Butternut Squash Risotto
- Maple Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate, Feta and Pecans
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with a Walnut-Caper Salsa
- Roasted Root Vegetables with Feta and Honey
- Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Cranberry Quinoa Stuffed Butternut Squash
- Smashed Potatoes with Fresh Burrata
- Cauliflower Steaks with Harissa Tahini Sauce
- Garlic Herb Potato Wedges
- Red Lentil Patties
- Vegan Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
Desserts and Sweet Treats
Last but not least, enjoy a slice of pie! Even if your guests are full after the main Thanksgiving meal, they will always find some space for dessert. My tip: make more than needed, and choose from different categories (pies, cakes, small treats) so your guests have plenty of options to choose from.
- Classic American Pumpkin Pie
- Best American Pecan Pie
- American Apple Pie
- Super Moist Pumpkin Bread
- Banoffee Pie
- Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Crunchy Pear, Pecan and Chocolate Crumble
- Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Maple Pecan Pumpkin Pie (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Best White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
- Pumpkin Energy Bites
- Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Bark
- Skinny Carrot Muffins with Coconut Cream
- Skinny Oatmeal PB Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Pecan Bourbon Chocolate Chunks Cookies
Also, make sure you also check my 30+ Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe Round-Up for even more inspiration, including pies, cakes, DIY food gifts and more!
The days following Thanksgiving are always perfect for a delicious homemade brunch alongside leftovers from the party. Here are a couple of seasonal ideas to make a wonderful Thanksgiving brunch.
- Apple Dutch Baby Pancake
- Pumpkin French Toast with Chai Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- Shakshuka with Feta Cheese
- Vegan Orange Cranberry Scones
- Breakfast Bell Pepper Tots
- Savory French Toasts with Kale and Balsamic Onion Jam
- Spiced Pumpkin Butter