This cheesecake recipe will literally sweep you off your feet! Salted caramel, apple, and Speculoos cookies all together in a very soft cheesecake. This dessert is called “Heaven”!
I will tell you straight away: I am very proud of this recipe of mine! It is – by far – the best cheesecake I have ever tried so far. Perfectly soft and deliciously sweetened.
The idea of this beautiful dessert came up to my mind not so long ago. While enjoying a nice lunch out with a friend of mine very talented in the kitchen (Hi Audrey!), she started to mention one of the best treats she had done lately. And suddenly she mentioned 4 magic words, actually almost 5: (salted) caramel, apple, cheesecake, Speculoos. It sounded lovely!
When I asked her the recipe, she told me she didn’t really have any. Hmmm, even more exciting when like me you love playing with the ingredients in the kitchen and let the magic happens! Firmly decided to give this dessert a try, I knew it wouldn’t take me long before I find out how to do.
I ended up with a lovely vanilla flavored cheesecake with salted caramelized apples and a bottom of tasty Speculoos biscuits. Just amazing! If I had to choose my favorite recipe on the blog right now, I would go for this one for sure. Just perfect for the season. As you understood, I warmly encourage you to taste this beauty, it will literally sweep you off your feet!
- 4 medium apples
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup (7 oz) salted caramel
- (8,8 oz) Speculoos biscuits (or other spiced shortcrust biscuits)
- ⅔ cup (5,3 oz) unsalted butter softened at room temperature, melted
- 250g (9oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup (70g) sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) whipping cream
- 1 vanilla pod (seeds)
- For the salted caramel apples: peel, core and slice the apples. Throw them in a sauteed pan with a big tablespoon of butter on medium heat and let them cook until soft, about 10-15 minutes. Add the salted caramel and let it melt among the apple slices. Reserve.
- For the bottom: crush the Speculoos biscuits using a food processor (or put in a strong plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin). Mix with the melted butter.
- Press the crumble crust into the base of a lined springform equipped with removable edges, about 9-10 inches in diameter. Bake for about 15 minutes to 350F. Let cool.
- For the cheesecake: whisk in together the cream cheese, egg, sugar and whipping cream. Fold in the vanilla seeds and mix until combined.
- Display the salted caramel apple slices over the crumbly base (keep some slices for decoration) and spread the cream cheese filling over.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Decorate with some apple slices and drizzle some caramel on top.