Finish your Thanksgiving feast with incredible fall dessert recipes. From the traditional pumpkin and pecan pies to some decadent cakes and other exciting cookies, there are so many options to create some happy food memories.
Thanksgiving, I’m ready for you! I have been counting down to that glorious day spent with loved ones around a long table packed to the gills with platters and bowls of comfort food and happy memories. This year, we’re spending the holiday with our beloved friends in a lovely rustic cabin in Michigan and I couldn’t be more excited about it.
To me, the real showstoppers of the day are the Thanksgiving desserts. No matter how stuffed guests are after the main meal, everyone will make room for these stunning sweets. From traditional pumpkin pie and other pie recipes to decadent cakes, chocolate treats and homemade food gifts to choose from, you are sure to impress your guests.
Best Fruit Pie Recipes
- Best American Pumpkin Pie (with natural ingredients only)
- The Best Old-Fashioned Pecan Pie
- Pear and Chestnut Tart with Hazelnut Crust
- Apple Pie From Scratch
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Pecan Crust
- Banoffee Pie Recipe
- Blueberry Pie with Oatmeal Crust
- Crème Brûlée Tart
- Easy Lemon Tart with Biscoff Crust
- Pear, Chocolate and Pecan Crumble
- Almond-Apple Crisp
- Best Mixed Berry Crisp (+ white chocolate sauce)
Which pie crust should I use?
This is always the tricky question when it comes to baking pies. Check my all-time favorite pie crust recipe that I originally used for my apple pie, but that could also be used for pumpkin pie or pecan pie. What I like the most about this pie crust is that you can make it entirely from scratch with no effort and using natural ingredients only (no shortening). Note that the recipe yields 2 pie crusts, so you can either use one for the bottom and one for the lattice crust, or use the crust for 2 different pies.
Now if you don’t feel comfortable with making the crust, I’ve got your back too with several crumb crusts you could use. There is the classic graham crackers crust (+ a great variant with biscoff) or this fabulous pecan crust (vegan, gluten-free). Or simply go for a crumble or crisp recipe instead, that will make your like a all lot easier.
Cakes and Breads
- Super Moist Pumpkin Bread
- Moist and Tender Orange Pound Cake
- Gingerbread Cake
- Best Ever Buttermilk Banana Bread
- Vegan Gingerbread Naked Cake
- Easy Carrot Cake Recipe
- Moist Lemon Bundt Cake
Cakes and breads complete pies beautifully. They’re soft, moist, super easy to prepare and leftovers will be perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- Coffee Chocolate Meringue Pie with Graham Crackers Crust
- Best Vegan Brownies (Fudgy, Chewy, Chocolate-y)
- Incredible Chocolate Chestnut Cake
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Chocolate Fondant Cake
A dessert table without anything chocolate-y is not complete. The sumptuous meringue chocolate pie is a real showstopper, but if you want a quick chocolate dessert idea, brownies or chocolate cake will do the job too.
- Best Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Coffee Brownie Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
- Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
Did you know that cheesecake count among the top dessert recipes in this season? Whether you like them with fruits or chocolate, these melt-in-your-mouth cheesecake recipe will feast your eyes and your bellies!
Cookies and homemade food gifts
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- Bourbon Pecan Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- How to Make Spiced Pumpkin Butter
- Best Ever Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Baked Pumpkin Donuts
Thanksgiving is also the time to give thanks and be grateful for everything we have in our life. We all have our share of struggles, but we also are lucky in so many ways. Remind your friends that you love them with just a simple homemade food gift. Believe me, it often means so much more than some random store-bought gifts. Happy Thanksgiving you all!