Strawberry Tomato Bruschetta is an easy summer snack appetizer. Ready in no time, this classic Italian antipasto features garlic toasted bread topped with sun-ripened tomatoes, strawberries, basil and olive oil, with a hint of balsamic vinegar. The perfect mingle food for any party or get-together.
I love simple food, easy to prepare and that enhances the natural flavors of seasonal ingredients. Also, I’m not gonna lie, I’m French and bread is part of my life – I just can’t leave without bread, either fresh or toasted. Now that tomatoes are in season, let’s make the best of them with these super simple tomato bruschetta to which I added a little strawberry twist, mingling sweet and savory flavors together. Shallots and garlic add strong notes to the dish, while basil brings some more freshness.
These strawberry tomato bruschetta are indeed a super quick snack for any summer grilling or garden party. They’re also perfect for beginners, ready in minutes, and always make the greatest impression among your guests. So let’s get started!
A few simple ingredients
- French baguettes ✔
- Strawberries ✔
- Tomatoes ✔
- Shallots (or red onion) ✔
- Fresh basil ✔
And of course the seasoning is key in a bruschetta. Use extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and freshly ground pepper and salt of high quality (my favorite ones are Peugeot Saveurs Timut Pepper and Persian Blue Salt). I also like to grind just a hint of chili pepper on top.
How to make strawberry tomato bruschetta?
- Start with the salsa: dice tomatoes, strawberries and shallots finely and add them to a mixing bowl. Stir in finely chopped basil leaves and mix it all in with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator.
- Toast the bread: lay out baguette slices onto a baking sheet and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Place it on the upper part of the oven with the broiler on, watching closely until it gets slightly toasted (this can be as quick as a couple of minutes).
- Assemble the bruschetta. First, and this step is a must in the recipe, rub each slice of bread with whole garlic clove. Top with the strawberry tomato salsa, add additional salt and pepper, and serve immediately!
Variations around the recipe
Make it an avocado toast! Use my perfect avocado toast recipe and top it with this strawberry tomato salsa. This will make a wonderful healthy and wholesome toast for breakfast, a quick lunch, or anytime of the day really.
Cheese it up! Goat cheese, mascarpone, ricotta cheese… Add a thick layer of cheese underneath the strawberry tomato salsa to make these bruschetta a little bit more fulfilling. You could also sprinkle some feta cheese on top (sweet and savory flavors always work wonders) or upgrade your bruschetta with bursts of burrata cheese on top to add a touch of creaminess.
Play with herbs! Fresh basil leaves work beautifully in this recipe, but others herbs could work to. Consider using fresh mint or even thyme instead.
The choice of bread. If you ask me, baguette slices are the best option. But you could use of course large slices of plain no-knead bread, whole wheat bread or multiseed bread. Another option is to serve this salsa on top of French toasts or onto a thick slice of butter brioche.
More summer shareable appetizers:
Strawberry Tomato Bruschetta are the perfect crowd-thrilling party food or any get-together. Find below other finger foods that do not require forks or spoons.
- Eggplant Rolls filled with Hummus
- Tarte Soleil Appetizer
- Goat Cheese Zucchini Bread
- Easy Cheese Bite Appetizers
- Eggplant Goat Cheese Snacks
- Savory Madeleines with Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato
To go further, make sure you check 15+ Amazing Summer Snacks and Appetizers.
How to use up ripe tomatoes?
- Vegan Chickpea Stuffed Tomato
- Balsamic Tomato Galette with Goat Cheese
- Roasted Tomato Soup (hot or cold)
- Heirloom Tomato Ricotta Galette
Lastly, if you make this Strawberry Tomato Bruschetta, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating, letting me know how you liked it. And of course, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Thank you and enjoy!Print
Strawberry Tomato Bruschetta is an easy summer snack appetizer. Ready in no time, it features garlic toasted bread topped with sun-ripened tomatoes, strawberries, basil and olive oil, with a hint of balsamic vinegar. The perfect mingle food for any party or get-together.
- 3–4 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 7.8 ounces (220g) strawberries, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6–8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 French baguette, sliced
- 1–2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Combine diced tomatoes, strawberries, chopped garlic, shallots, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and basil in a mixing bowl. Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator.
- Slice bread into 1/2-inch (1,5 cm ) thick slices. Place on a tray and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Toast bread under broiler, until golden, watching closely not to let it burn.
- When bread is toasted, rub each piece with whole garlic clove. Top with the strawberry tomato salsa. Adjust seasoning and serve immediately or the bread will become soggy.
Keywords: strawberry tomato bruschetta