Strawberry Tomato Bruschetta is an easy summer snack appetizer. Ready in no time, it features garlic toasted bread topped with sun-riped tomatoes, strawberries, basil and olive oil, with a hint of balsamic vinegar. The perfect mingle food for any party or get-together.
- 3–4 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 7.8 ounces (220g) strawberries, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6–8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 French baguette, sliced
- 1–2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Combine diced tomatoes, strawberries, chopped garlic, shallots, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and basil in a mixing bowl. Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator.
- Slice bread into 1/2-inch (1,5 cm ) thick slices. Place on a tray and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Toast bread under broiler, until golden, watching closely not to let it burn.
- When bread is toasted, rub each piece with whole garlic clove. Top with the strawberry tomato salsa. Adjust seasoning and serve immediately or the bread will become soggy.
Keywords: strawberry tomato bruschetta