An original and delicious strawberry-apricot smoothie, full of vitamins A and C, both antioxidant and good for your skin!
Good morning! Let’s start this Summer week with a delicious two-tone sunrise smoothie that will take good care of you while its color will bring you positive vibes!
You know that I’m crazy about smoothies, right? To me they are the perfect way to make sure I do eat enough fruit (sadly enough I must admit they are not my favorite food, while vegetables are) and smoothies are also the perfect way to refill on vitamins using seasonal fruits.
As I said, I’m not a big fruit-eater but there are some I absolutely love, and apricot is one of them and strawberry is not even a fruit to me, it’s just a divine sweet treat, a gift of Mother Earth.
In France we love to combine them together in compote. So I thought: why not combine them in a beautiful rainbow smoothie? This drink has nothing complicated to it, it is made with very basic ingredients that you blend together.
The only thing you need to think about is the consistency if you want your smoothie has the same look as this one. But you can totally decide to mix both fruits together with the milk and yogurt. The taste will be absolutely delicious too. One or two colors for your smoothie, you decide!
Last but not least, this sunrise apricot-strawberry smoothie is full of vitamins that are really good for your body. While both apricots and strawberries provide a great quantity of vitamin C, known for its antioxidant properties, the apricots are also a good source of vitamin A, which is actually really good for your skin! Give this Summer mood sunrise smoothie a try and let your skin shine!
- 1 cup (190g) fresh apricots, rinsed, pitted and cut in small pieces
- ¼ cup (60g) natural plain yogurt
- 1 cup (240 ml) cow milk or vegetal milk (such as almond, rice or soja milk)
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave syrup
- 1 cup (190g) fresh strawberries, rinsed and cut in half
- Put the apricots in a blender with the natural plain yogurt, about ¼ (60 ml) to ⅓ (80 ml) cup of milk and 1 teaspoon honey, and mix for a few minutes until smooth. You can add a little extra milk if you want, but you still need to keep a thick enough consistency to prevent the strawberry smoothie on top to go right to the bottom of the glass and blend in with the apricots.
- Serve the apricot smoothie in 2 glasses until half way.
- Mix the strawberries in a blender with the remaining milk and honey. Pour carefully on top of the apricot smoothie. It's ready, enjoy!