Perfectly suited for small gathering parties, this elevated & intimate vegetarian Thanksgiving menu focuses on a few dishes rather than recipes to feed a crowd. Explore around these seasonal vegetarian recipes and bring an entire new meaning to the traditional Thanksgiving celebration!
The classic Thanksgiving involving dozens of friends gathering around a giant turkey won’t be possible for many this year. The holidays are looking different but it doesn’t mean you can’t create the most meaningful Thanksgiving celebration. Instead, families can use this opportunity to try some new foods that can enhance this year’s Thanksgiving experience.
If you are gearing up to host an intimate Thanksgiving for only only 4-6 people, then you can trade the big feast for a more elevated, intimate meal. I gathered my favorite recipes for an intimate and vegetarian Thanksgiving, I hope you enjoy!
What this article includes:
- A 4-course menu with several possible combinations in each category ✔
- Vegetarian recipes exclusively ✔
- Elevated Thanksgiving recipe ideas ✔
- Recipes for 4-6 people ✔
- Innovative Thanksgiving desserts ✔
What you won’t find in this article:
- The traditional Turkey recipe or any meat-based dish ✘
- Classic sides such as green bean casserole, mashed potato, cranberry sauce or sweet potato casserole ✘
- The traditional thanksgiving desserts such as the classic pumpkin pie, pecan pie or apple pie ✘
Without further ado, let’s unveil this Elevated & Intimate Vegetarian Thanksgiving Menu with all its possible variations.
1. Starters, salads & soups
Even with an intimate 4-6 people Thanksgiving gathering, you can set the mood for the party with a few appetizers. Cheese bites, seasonal salads and soups count among my favorites. Here are just a few appetizer and starter recipe ideas to choose from. Serve them in small portions to make sure you’re still hungry when the next dishes arrive on the table.
- Roasted Squash, Figs and Spinach Salad
- 3 Quick Cheese Bite Appetizers
- Baked Apple, Brie and Date Filo Parcels
- Chestnut, Pumpkin and Red Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin and Walnut Tartines with Blue Cheese
2. Elevated Vegetarian Main Dishes
No turkey was harmed when building this menu. I know it’s not your traditional Thanksgiving menu, but this year we go a mile further in the idea of Thanksgiving, building an entire vegetarian menu. I know this may be difficult to admit for some of you, but I swear Thanksgiving can still be very festive without meat!
- Vegetarian Lentil Shepherd’s Pie
- Butternut Squash, Spinach and Goat Cheese Lasagna
- Vegan Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
- Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta
- Cranberry Quinoa Stuffed Roasted Butternut Squash
- Thai Peanut Sweet Potato Gratin
3. Refined sides for an intimate Thanksgiving
Then come the sides. Because this year Thanksgiving is an intimate party, the sides must be portioned so that you don’t end up with leftovers for the next couple of weeks. The good news is: it’s the perfect occasion to elevate your idea of side dishes. Say goodbye to the ever lasting mashed potato, green bean casserole or classic roasted brussels sprouts and explore further with the sides below instead.
- Roasted Delicata Squash with Quinoa and Mint Pesto
- Soy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cashew Sauce
- Fall Harvest Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potato
4. Innovative Thanksgiving desserts
Dessert is and will always be my favorite part. I can’t help it, I’m a forever sweet tooth. As much as we all love the classic pumpkin pie and pecan pie, it can be very refreshing to revisit the idea of Thanksgiving desserts this year. And since we have less desserts to prepare, it’s the perfect occasion to make them fancy!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Candied Pecans
- Spiced Chocolate Pear Cobbler
- Easy Pumpkin Crème Brulée
- Orange Crème Brûlée Tart
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust
- Streusel Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- Brownie Meringue Pie with Pretzel Crust
Other Thanksgiving resources you may like:
- 30+ Incredible Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
- 40 Fantastic Thanksgiving Recipes
- 20 Vegetarian Pumpkin Recipes to Make this Fall
- 5 Easy Homemade Edible Gifts
Lastly, if you make one or more recipes from this Elevated & Intimate Vegetarian Thanksgiving Menu, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating, letting me know how you liked it. And of course, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Thank you and enjoy!