A green, healthy, and smooth soup.
A few weeks ago, I volunteered to be a jury member for a summer culinary challenge about cold soups organized by a French website. The weather – even in the North here in Sweden – is truly amazing and very warm, and everything chilled is very welcome!
We usually associate cold soup with Spanish gazpacho, but there are many other possibilities! But feel free to bring me all your ideas in the comments below, they are very welcome!
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice, pressed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup (100g) fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup water (240 ml or more)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 small bell pepper for decoration, cut in small pieces
- Using a stand mixer, mix cucumber, avocados, lemon juice, olive oil and goat cheese until very smooth. Dilute with water until you obtain the desired consistency (I like this soup quite thick). Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the soup in glasses and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Before serving, sprinkle the paprika powder over each glass of soup and top with the bell pepper.