Easy white chocolate mousse topped with a refreshing strawberry-lime salsa and a touch of mint.
This coming Sunday, it’s Mother’s Day, at least in France and in Sweden! And since it takes place in May in these countries, I figured that a sweet dessert with strawberries and white chocolate would be the perfect match in order to celebrate this occasion in a mouthwatering way.
For this recipe, I actually took inspiration from my friend Andreas (Hi Andy!), who loves to use lime everywhere in cooking. I have been trying to use lime as well for a while now, and it seems to work very well! It yields a delicate and very nice dessert! Of course, I dedicate this recipe to my own mum, and all the mothers around the world!
- 4.5 oz (125g) white chocolate
- 4 eggs whites
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon (30ml) agave syrup (optional)
- 16 fresh strawberries, hulled, rinsed and cut into pieces
- 1 lime, zests + juice
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- Melt the white chocolate over a hot-water bath until slightly thick and frothy (be careful not to scramble) or in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring each time.
- Beat the egg whites, with a pinch of salt, until stiff and gently fold the egg whites into the melted chocolate. Add the optional agave syrup and stir together gently.
- Divide the mousse into 4 glasses or ramekins and allow to cool in the fridge for at least two hours.
- In a medium bowl, place the strawberries and marinate in lime juice for a couple of minutes. Drain the strawberries in a colander and place on top of the chocolate mousse. Add the lime zests and decorate with fresh mint leaves.