I have been meaning to bake some white chocolate and cranberry cookies for quite a while now, but for some reason I always go for another cookie recipe instead.
When I woke up the other day, the morning was a bit chilly and the vibrant leaves swirled in the air. There was no doubt that fall was settling in for good. I knew straight away it was the day I would finally these fellow cookies a try. When I look back, I don’t understand why I have been waiting for so long.
I think this recipe must be – may be – the very BEST cookie recipe I ever made, I am so proud of the result! Look at these colorful beauties in red and white. Aren’t they tempting? They have the perfect texture, the one you always dreamt of. Both thick and chewy, with a delicate taste of light brown sugar, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The cranberries balance the sweetness brought by the white chocolate chips and it’s pure pleasure. I guarantee there will amaze your taste buds!
For the record, I have heard that some of you don’t believe in a cookie recipe that uses toppings other than chocolate chips, my boyfriend David is one of them. Then believe it or not, he absolutely loved the cookies, ate 5 in a row with a huge glass of milk and asked for some more (while I was almost crying because these were the last 5 cookies in the batch!! But I was so happy to hear him making these noisy yummy sounds). I think his behavior in front of these small wonders says it all!
No more chitchat, just dig into the lusciousness of this extraordinary recipe. I promise an awesome experience: it’s easy, it’s beautiful and let me forget my modesty for a minute and tell you that for a cookie connoisseur this white chocolate cranberry cookie recipe is a blast! AMAZING! 🙂
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave and pour it into a medium-sized bowl. Add in the brown sugar and granulated sugar and whisk vigorosly until no sugar lumps remain. Whisk the egg and the yolk, then the vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix together with a spatula. Fold in the cranberries and the white chocolate chips. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours minimum. Take the dough out and allow to soften at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before using it.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough into balls so that balls are taller than wide and place approximately 8 balls on each parchment paper, leaving enough space in between each of them.
- Bake each batch for about 12 minutes, then remove from the oven. Do not worry if they look a bit underbaked at first and allow them to cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack.