Best Ever White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies. Soft, sweet and chewy, with a delicious taste of brown sugar.
- 2 1/4 cups (270g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (180g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (135g) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (75g) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (150g) white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave and pour it into a medium-sized bowl. Add in the brown sugar and granulated sugar and whisk vigorosly until no sugar lumps remain. Whisk the egg and the yolk, then the vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix together with a spatula. Fold in the cranberries and the white chocolate chips. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours minimum. Take the dough out and allow to soften at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before using it.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough into balls so that balls are taller than wide and place approximately 8 balls on each parchment paper, leaving enough space in between each of them.
- Bake each batch for about 12 minutes, then remove from the oven.*
* Tip: Do not worry if they look a bit underbaked at first and allow them to cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack.