This week, we celebrate Bastille Day (French National Day) on the 14th of July and for the occasion, I give you the opportunity to win a fantastic gourmet box “Les Délices Francais” with French products from Brittany!
Photo credit: Brice Le Goasduff
Living abroad for almost 7 years now, I can assure you that one of the things I miss the most from France is of course: French gastronomy! Not that we don’t eat well abroad, and on the contrary I am always open to discovering new culinary habits and cultures, wherever I travel. However, it seems than in a way, emigrants always miss their home cuisine. It is deeply rooted in their origins and part of their identity.
Personally, and as many other French people, the food I miss the most are the following: 1/ Cheese is in number one position. I miss all kind of cheese from France! 2/ The French baguette tradition comes along with cheese of course. 3/ Charcuterie and French wine. 4/ French pastries (yes I am a sweet tooth, I can’t help it) and baked goods: croissants, pains au chocolat, pains au raisin, and the eclair au café! 5/ Number 5 is not food, but I love French markets, where we always find abundance of fresh and very tasty vegetables and fruits. As long as you have high quality ingredients, even simple cuisine tastes good!
Photo credit: Brice Le Goasduff
In order to overcome this nostalgia of French food when living abroad, the ambitious young French lady Claudia Mével, who experienced the same after spending several years in Germany, launched the gourmet box “Les Délices Francais”. And for the first time, this box is available for all European countries. You won’t need to ask your family to send you loads of cheese by mail anymore!
A gourmet box from Brittany in France:
With the celebration of French National Day in a couple of days, this gourmet box is also the perfect occasion for everyone abroad to discover French delicacies. Today, I give you a chance to win a gourmet box with French delicacies from Brittany. The box contains:
- 1 crêperolles box (crispy appetizer biscuits filled with blue cheese Roquefort)
- 1 tuna rillettes from the Brittany Fish Company
- 1 fish ravioli box with scampi sauce, for two, from the Brittany Fish Company
- 1 salted butter caramel jar from La Maison d’Armorine
- 1 Kouign-Amann, a Brittany pastry speciality, from the French bakery Pain d’Epices
Salted butter caramel is my favorite product from Brittany, and I like to spread it onto my crepes and waffles, or to use it as a topping on my ice creams. Find above and below two recipes of mine with salted butter caramel that you absolutely need to try: French crepes with goat cheese and salted caramel apples, and the decadent Salted caramel apple cheesecake (if I had to choose only one cheesecake recipe in my entire life, I would go for this one for sure!).
How does it work?
Every lover of French cuisine within EU now gets the chance to receive a gourmet box loaded with French delicacies, usually 5 to 7 products that will remind you of France tradition of eating. The box is sent every two months so that you have time to enjoy all the products before receiving the following one. All the products are carefully selected and meet quality criteria (natural ingredients, traceability, etc.). Les Délices Francais offers different formula that enables you to receive the boxes on a regular basis or from time to time:
- Bimonthly subscription: 29,90€* per box
- A “Tasty Trial Run” 1 box: 34,90€*
- A “6 months offer with 3 boxes”: 99, 70€*
- A “1 year offer with 6 boxes”: 189,40€*
- You can even choose to send a gourmet box subscription for any occasion (birthday, Valentine’s Day, Christmas, etc.) to a friend of yours by choosing the Gift Card option.
* Regular price to which you need to add postage depending in the country you are. Find yours here.
Enter the giveaway!
Enough chitchat, now it’s time to enter the giveaway! Wherever you are in Europe, you can get a chance to win a Gourmet box Délices Francais from Brittany (value 34,9€). Perfect to celebrate the French National Day 14th of July! The giveaway will last from 11th to 18th July 2016. To enter the competition you will need to:
- Write your favorite French recipe in comments below (+ mention which option below you completed)
- Share the giveaway on FACEBOOK or TWITTER on a public mode, using the hashtag #BoxGrandLarge
- Complete at least 1 of these options:
Good luck to all of you! 🙂