This cheesecake recipe will literally sweep you off your feet! Salted caramel, apple, and Speculoos cookies all together in a very soft cheesecake. This dessert is called “Heaven”!
For the salted caramel apples:
- 4 medium apples
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (7 oz) salted caramel
For the bottom:
- (8,8 oz) Speculoos biscuits (or other spiced shortcrust biscuits)
- 2/3 cup (5,3 oz) unsalted butter softened at room temperature, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 250g (9oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) whipping cream
- 1 vanilla pod (seeds)
- For the salted caramel apples: peel, core and slice the apples. Throw them in a sauteed pan with a big tablespoon of butter on medium heat and let them cook until soft, about 10-15 minutes. Add the salted caramel and let it melt among the apple slices. Reserve.
- For the bottom: crush the Speculoos biscuits using a food processor (or put in a strong plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin). Mix with the melted butter.
- Press the crumble crust into the base of a lined springform equipped with removable edges, about 9-10 inches in diameter. Bake for about 15 minutes to 350F. Let cool.
- For the cheesecake: whisk in together the cream cheese, egg, sugar and whipping cream. Fold in the vanilla seeds and mix until combined.
- Display the salted caramel apple slices over the crumbly base (keep some slices for decoration) and spread the cream cheese filling over.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Decorate with some apple slices and drizzle some caramel on top.