A healthy oatmeal breakast bowl with a yummy chocolate taste!
Today I’m sharing a breakfast recipe I wrote as a guest post for my blogger friend Food Moods a few months ago while she was moving from the UK to the South of France. Food Moods is a journal of healthy recipes written by Blandine, a French yoga teacher who loves everything close to nature and healthy life. Reading her blog always makes me feel the need to take care of me and to focus on the most important in life: eat well, exercise, breathe and enjoy life.
In this guest post I wanted to faithfully fit this peaceful & healthy atmosphere that characterizes Food Moods. I strongly believe that a great day has to start with a nice breakfast that we take time to enjoy. That’s why I chose this Vegan double chocolate oatmeal with goji berries for this guest post. You can find the original recipe I had published on Food Moods here.
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 2 cup (500 ml) almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons dark chocolate 100% cocoa
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 100g dark chocolate
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1 handful of goji berries
- In a saucepan over high heat, place the rolled oats and cover with 3 cups of almond milk. Bring to a boil and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding ½ cup water as necessary as the mixture thickens. Add the cocoa powder and the vanilla to the pan and stir until well combined.
- Turn the heat down to low. Add the sugar, flaxseed meal and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Melt the dark chocolate with 3 Tablespoons of almond milk in the microwave.
- Serve the oatmeal in two bowls, then top with the dark chocolate ganache and sprinkle some goji berries.