Fresh, healthy, fruity and tasty!
Here in Stockholm, we celebrate Midsummer this weekend, the very typical Swedish tradition. So it’s gonna be lot of festivities during 3 days!
Last year I had written Strawberry & Feta Quinoa Salad recipe for this special occasion. The thing is that for me, Midsummer has to have strawberries. That’s why, this year again I went for a strawberry salad, because I love eating berries in a salad and I’m a huge fan of everything sweet & salty in general! Then I added fresh goat cheese and some fresh spinach leaves and prepared a lovely dressing with poppy seeds and lemon zests.
Like every year for a while now we celebrate Midsummer in our Swedish friend’s island Bjurön in the archipelago of Stockholm. No cars are allowed in this very small island and the atmosphere is very peaceful. So let’s go green this weekend then (with some snaps I guess)!
- 3⅓ cups (500g) fresh spinach
- 1 cup ⅓ (200g) strawberries, cut in half
- ⅔ cup 150g fresh goat cheese, diced or sliced.
- 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 3 Tablespoons (45ml) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) balsamic vinager
- Zests of 1 lemon, non treated
- 1 teaspoon of a fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Salt, pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the fresh spinach with the strawberries. Add the fresh goat cheese*.
- Serve the salad in two plates and dispose the remaining thick slices of goat cheese in the middle. Sprinkle some sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by combining the olive oil, balsamic vinager, lemon juice and zests, poppy seed, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing generously on top of the salad and serve immediately.