Let’s try an original smoothie recipe, super tasty and easy to make, which is also fully vegan (i.e. no dairy product or honey).
After Easter celebrations and all the chocolate and festive recipes we had, it’s now time to balance things up and get back to a healthier lifestyle, don’t you think?
Made with cashew milk, which is a good source of fiber while being rich in magnesium, this smoothie, slightly flavored with natural vanilla, is the ideal comfort drink and is very satiating, perfect for breakfast or for recovering after training.
- ⅔ cup (100g) cashew nuts*
- ¼ -1/3 cup (60-80 cl) water*
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup (50g) rolled oats
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- A handful of dates
- Make the cashew milk in advance: soak cashews in a bowl (at least 2-6 hours before or the day before). Rinse them under tap water with a colander and drain well. Add salt, water and mix until perfectly homogeneous liquid.
- Soak the oats in a bowl at least one hour in advance with the vanilla seeds extracted from the vanilla bean itself.
- In a blender, mix the frozen banana slices, rolled oats, pitted dates, seeds from the vanilla bean and cashew milk (adjust amount to desired consistency, possibly adding a little water) for a few minutes. It's ready!