Let’s try an original smoothie recipe, super tasty and easy to make, which is also fully vegan (i.e. no dairy product or honey).
- 2/3 cup (100g) cashew nuts*
- 1/4 –1/3 cup (60–80 cl) water*
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (50g) rolled oats
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- A handful of dates
- Make the cashew milk in advance: soak cashews in a bowl (at least 2-6 hours before or the day before). Rinse them under tap water with a colander and drain well. Add salt, water and mix until perfectly homogeneous liquid.
- Soak the oats in a bowl at least one hour in advance with the vanilla seeds extracted from the vanilla bean itself.
- In a blender, mix the frozen banana slices, rolled oats, pitted dates, seeds from the vanilla bean and cashew milk (adjust amount to desired consistency, possibly adding a little water) for a few minutes. It’s ready!
* You can also use some cashew milk if you don’t have time to prepare it. Try to choose a non sweetened one.