Tastes amazing but still is really healthy, good for your body and brings you all the energy you need.
Sometimes we just look for the perfect healthy breakfast treat. You know, the one which tastes amazing but still is really healthy, good for your body and brings you all the energy you need. Then we have an additional difficulty: we want the breakfast treat to be quick and easy to prepare, something you can take with you on the go. Any ideas maybe?
Well, I have quite a few indeed, but the other day, as I turned – well let’s say I turned just a little bit older (just a little bit don’t worry!) – I guess I had like a revelation about healthy food or anything like that. Or was it just a huge craving for some tasty drink which would taste like dessert? Hmmm, whatever, I ended up pulling together this raw cocoa and almond smoothie. Oh gosh, so decadent!!
I never tried raw cocoa before but I’m really interested in every healthy or vegan alternative to the usual food, although I’m not into following any kind of diet at all. Anyway, you’ve got to know that raw cocoa has many positive effects since it’s not processed and it will bring you many proteins. This decadent smoothie is also rich in magnesium and calcium, that you find both in bananas and almonds and will bring you all the energy you need to kick start your day.
I’m totally in love with this raw cocoa almond smoothie recipe and I know that it will be my new morning treat for a while. So Del-icious! 😉
- 2 medium bananas, riped
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) honey from Lune de miel
- 2 big Tablespoons (30g) almond butter
- 3 Tablespoon (15g) raw cocoa powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) almond milk, unsweetened
- Cut the bananas in slices.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Add more cocoa if you want a strong taste of chocolate, more milk if you are looking for a thinner texture. Then enjoy and have a nice day!