Quick, easy, and best ever chocolate fondant, in my humble opinion! Ready in 16 minutes only, you will fall for its subtle twist of orange that brings a lovely tangy twist to the recipe.
There are some recipes that you just don’t need to change. This chocolate fondant is definitely one of them. I’m a huge fan of chocolate fondants and I baked many over the years.
Here, I added a little twist: some orange marmalade with orange zests. What a perfect match! This way, the recipe definitely had a new edge! It’s a fantastic and easy recipe. Its success all depends on the baking time and I recommend you be extra careful: 16 minutes, no more!
- 7 oz (200g) dark chocolate (I used Lindt 70% dessert)
- ½ cuo (125g) salted butter
- ⅓ cup (70g) white or brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Melt the salted butter and dark chocolate in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the sugar and orange marmelade.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and whisking vigorously after each one, to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Then gently fold in the flour and beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a previously greased round cake pan and bake to 180 °C for 16 minutes (no more!).