This time, let’s face it, I’m very late for the Battle Food. You know, sometimes you’re just overbooked with your personal life and you think days should definitely be longer. Well, that’s me lately! Plus yesterday was my boyfriend’s birthday, so I tried to make his day a little bit special and we spent some quality time together. This is always the best!
Anyhow, I didn’t want to skip this Battle Food #21 about tapas, even if I was (very) late. I am lucky enough that Laura from the blog Délices Cookie’s who hosted this Battle Food accepted my participation anyway. So here I am with some quick tapas you can enjoy all this Summer or during this Football World Cup ongoing in Brazil when it’s halftime!
I made these tapas both very simple and tasty: vegetables, cheese, and a twist of duck breast! Perfect to grill on the barbecue or just in the oven for a couple of minutes. An alternative if you don’t find duck breast (depending on where you are) is to use bacon instead. The taste will be different but it works too!
Ingredients (20 tapas):
- 4 bell peppers (color of your choice)
- 200g feta cheese
- 100g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chives, minced
- Salt & pepper
- 20 duck breasts slices
- 20 wooden skewer
1. Preheat the oven to grill function or switch on the barbecue. Seed the bell peppers and cut each pepper lengthwise into 5 pieces.
2. Mix the feta with cream cheese and drizzle the oil to get a smooth cream. Add the chives and season with salt and pepper.
3. Dispense cream into the peppers and wrap a slice of duck breast around each pepper.
4. Stick through the wooden skewers and grill in the oven or the barbecue approximately 10 minutes until browned. Sprinkle some chives on top and serve immediately!