This quick and easy cumin-roasted cauliflower tabbouleh salad is game-changing. It’s a super healthy vegan salad recipe, packed with delicious roasted veggies, fresh herbs, and loaded with plant-based protein. A lovely lunch idea to add to your weekly meal prep!
For the tabbouleh salad:
- 1 cup (200g) couscous
- 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon (250 ml) water, lukewarm
- 2–3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large lemons
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons mint leaves
- 1/2 large head cauliflower (or 1 small cauliflower), cut into florets
- 1 Tablespoon cumin seeds (not ground)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the toppings:
- Pour the couscous in a large mixing bowl and cover with lukewarm water. Let sit for about 30 minutes, fluffing couscous from time to time with a fork. When all water is absorbed, drizzle the juice of one lemon, add one Tablespoon of olive oil, and fluff with a fork.
- Add the onions, chopped parsley, mint leaves, season with salt and pepper and toss well. Set aside.
- For roasted cauliflower florets, preheat the oven o 420°F (220°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cauliflower cut into florets with the remaining olive oil, add cumin seeds, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer cauliflower florets to the baking sheet.
- Cut the remaining lemon in half and place it face down onto the prepared baking sheet. Roast cauliflower and lemon in the oven for about 40 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, toss the cauliflower and press the lemons over the cauliflower florets.
- When ready, add cauliflower florets to the tabbouleh salad and toss well. Serve into separate bowls, adding a few toppings including sliced avocado, (homemade or store-bought) hummus, and a toasted few pine nuts or slivered almonds on top for a crunchy bite. Drizzle additional olive oil on top if desired and enjoy!
Keywords: Tabbouleh Salad with Cumin Roasted Cauliflower