Zucchini chocolate chip cookies are incredibly soft, cakey, and loaded with nuts and oats. They taste like chocolate chip zucchini bread but in a cookie!
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick/120g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (45g) packed light-brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (325g) shredded zucchini, about 1 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup (90g) quick or old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup (95g) chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup (150g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, and using an electric hand mixer, beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add shredded zucchini and with mixer set on low speed, slowly add in the flour mixture. Stir in oats, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the dough into the baking sheet, about 2 Tablespoons each, spacing cookies 2-inches apart, and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden. Cool on baking sheet for about 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Keywords: zucchini chocolate chip cookies