The ultimate white chocolate coconut macadamia nut cookies are chewy, nutty, buttery, with golden crisp edges and soft centers. Believe me, they are a crowd pleaser!
- 2 1/4 cups (270g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (180g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (135g) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (40g) white chocolate, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (25g) shredded coconut, sweetened
- 1/2 cup (90g) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup (130g) macadamia nuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave and pour it into a medium-sized bowl. Add in the brown sugar and granulated sugar and whisk vigorously until no sugar lumps remain. Add melted chocolate and stir well. Whisk in the egg, the yolk, the vanilla extract and shredded coconut.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix together with a spatula. Fold in the macadamia nuts and the white chocolate chips. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours minimum. Take the dough out and allow to soften at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before using it.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough into balls so that balls are taller than wide and place approximately 8 balls on each parchment paper, leaving enough space in between each of them.
- Bake each batch for about 10-11 minutes, then remove from the oven. Let cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Keywords: macadamia nut cookies