A wonderful alternative to the classic pizza to make you eat more veggies. And still delicious!
Cauliflower crust (makes 2 crusts):
- 4 1/2 cups (18 oz) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
Roasted Beet Pesto
- Recipe below the instructions
- 1/2 cup (75g) walnuts
- 5 oz (150g) feta cheese, diced
- Arugula (or spinach)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Put the cauliflower florets into a food processor in 2 batches, and pulse until cauliflower “rice” forms.
- Transfer the cauliflower “rice” into a medium-sized bowl, and place in the microwave on high, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- Add the chickpea flour, crushed garlic, salt and one tablespoon of olive oil. Add the eggs and stir until well combined.
- Spread half of the dough onto the baking sheet with a spatula, and form a large circle. Repeat with the other half and the second baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through and golden-brown, about 30-40 minutes depending on the oven. Transfer carefully the baking sheets with the cauliflower crust on a rack and let cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the roasted beet pesto.
- Toast the walnuts with one tablespoon of oil in a frying pan, until golden brown.
- Spread the beet pesto onto each pizza crust, top with feta cheese, and bake for 10 more minutes (cover with foil to prevent the sides from burning).
- Top with toasted walnuts and arugula, and drizzle some extra olive oil.
Find the roasted beet pesto here (or click on the picture below): http://www.delscookingtwist.com/2016/04/18/roasted-beet-pesto/