Game-changing vegan zucchini frittata made with chickpea flour. Naturally gluten-free, it makes a perfect healthy, wholesome, and satisfying everyday meal.
For the Frittata:
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 3 grated garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 handful basil leaves, chopped
- 3–4 green onion sprigs, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (90g) chickpea flour
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- Sesame seeds
- Basil leaves
- Green onion, chopped
- Hot sauce or tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a non-stick frying pan, melt red onions in olive oil until translucent. Add grated zucchini, crushed garlic, coriander, turmeric, paprika, and stir often as you cook, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix in the chopped basil and green onion and turn off the heat. Add salt and pepper as desired (make sure there is enough salt or it will be tastless).
- In a large bowl, whisk together chickpea flour and water. Add the zucchini mixture and stir everything up evenly, to make sure the zucchini do not sink to the bottom.
- Pour into a cast-iron skillet or a lined pyrex pan, and bake for about 30 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Slice and serve with toppings of your choice and a side of green salad.