This vibrant vegan pink beet Latte is a wonderful alternative to your morning coffee or simply as a mid-day nutrient-rich elixir.
- 1 small beetroot, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (or 1 teaspoon freshly grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 1/2 cup (360 ml) unsweetened non-dairy milk (I use almond)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Wrap beet in foil and roast for about 30 minutes, or until a fork easily pierces it (you can do this ahead of time).
- In a blender or a food processor, add all the ingredients except the extra 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk, and blend until smooth.
- In a small pot, heat up blended beet ingredients until boiling. Pour into a mug.
- Add remaining almond milk into a glass and foam with a milk frother (or just give it a whiz in a high-powered blender).
- Gently pour the foamed milk into the mug over the beet mixture, while stirring with a spoon. Sprinkle extra ground ginger or cinnamon, and drink away!
Keywords: beet latte, beetroot