These Orange Cranberry Scones are very festive and extremely easy to bake. Made with a perfect crumbly texture and bursting with juicy flavors, they are also entirely vegan!
For the scones:
- 2 cups (225g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup (55g) coconut oil
- 1 cup (225g) coconut milk, full-fat and unsweetened
- 1 cup (25 cl) fresh and dried cranberries, divided*
- Zest of 1 orange
For the glaze:
- 3/4 cup (90g) powdered sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut milk, full-fat
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 orange, zest
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add orange zest and mix.
- Stir in coconut oil to the dry ingredients, and mix by hand until a crumbly dough.
- Stir in coconut milk, using a wooden or rubber spatula.
- Toss with the cranberries and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Turn the bowl onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and pat the dough into an approx. 7-inch (18 cm) round and 2-inch (4 cm) thick. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the chilled dough into 6 wedges, detaching each of them from the center and leaving space in between so they don’t stick together while baking.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake for about 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In the meantime, prepare the glaze: in a small bowl, combine all the ingredients until you get a thick and smooth batter. Transfer into a pipping bag and set aside.
- When the scones are chilled, drizzle the glaze all over. Let chill for 5 minutes, and serve.
* or dried cranberries only if easier for you.
Keywords: vegan scones