5 ingredients only for this super simple speculoos lemon tart. My favorite recipe for busy days. Expect creamy, refreshing flavors with a sweet crunchy base.
- 8.8 oz (250g) speculoos biscuits (or Lotus biscuits)*
- 1/2 cup (125g) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (14 oz/397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 lemons, juice + zests of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- For the speculoos base: mix the speculoos biscuits with the help of a rolling pin (put the biscuits in a freezer bag, close the bag and roll over with the rolling pin).
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave, then combine with the Speculoos.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and floured cake pan with a removable bottom. Press with your hands or with a glass to mold the pan. Reserve in the fridge.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and condensed milk. Add the lemon juice and the zests and whisk again until it thickens a little bit. Pour the batter over the cake pan shell and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool completely and put in the fridge for approx. one hour before serving.
* You can replace with Graham crackers or Digestive biscuits if you want,
Keywords: Lemon tart