Perfect vegan banana bread has a light and moist texture, holds its shape beautifully, and takes less than 10 minutes to whip up!
- 3 medium ripe bananas*, mashed with a fork
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil, neutral in taste**
- ¼ cup (60 ml) almond milk
- ½ cup (50g) almond flour
- 1 ¼ cup (150g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/3 cup (40g) walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease the bottom and the sides of a 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas with sugar, vegetable oil, almond milk and almond flour. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix until just combined (do not overmix), and stir in the walnuts.
- Pour in the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for about 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in its center comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
* If your bananas are huge, use only 2 large ripe bananas instead of 3 medium ones.
** I used canola oil.
Keywords: Perfect Vegan Banana Bread