This soft and super moist spice pumpkin bread topped with a cinnamon glaze is a classic everyone love. Super easy to bake, it’s definitely the BEST pumpkin bread I have ever had!
For the pumpkin bread:
- 1 1/2 sticks (150g) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups (270g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 oz, 425g) pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
For the cinnamon glaze:
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a loaf pan generously with butter and dust with flour.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sour cream, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy (for about 3 to 5 minutes), then add the eggs and beat for 1 minute.
- Reduce speed to low and add the flour and pumpkin mixtures alternately in batches, mixing until just smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan, smoothing top, then bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let the bread cool into the pan on a rack for 15 minutes, then turn the cake upside down onto the rack.
- For the cinnamon glaze: in a medium sized bowl, whisk together milk, confectioners sugar and cinnamon until smooth. Drizzle icing over warm cake, then cool cake completely. Icing will harden slightly.