This melt-in-your-mouth sweet potato gratin will amaze your taste buds. Slightly spicy, sweet, with a fresh touch of lime. It’s love at first bite.
- 2.2 lbs (1 kg) sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 0.5 inch thick
- 3 Tablespoons (45g) vegetable oil, neutral in taste
- 1 small chilli pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (240ml) whipped cream
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon (135g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1 lime, finely grated + 2 Tablespoons fresh juice
- Preheat the oven to 370°F (190)C) and grease a gratin pan. Blend the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and with 2 Tablespoons of oil, chilli, garlic, cream and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend the crunchy peanut butter with the remaining oil, lime zest and juice.
- Add half the sweet potato in a layer in the dish, then sprinkle the peanut butter mixture on top. Cover with the second half of sweet potatoes and pour the remaining cream from the dish.
- Cover the gratin pan with foil and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, then remove foil. Bake again for 30 minutes more until the sweet potatoes are soft and the surface slightly browned and crisped. For extra crispness, you can finish under the grill for a few minutes, but keep a close eye so it doesn’t burn. Serve with a salad to balance the sweetness of the gratin.