This beloved Swedish cake is a very easy recipe with a wonderful chocolate taste and a really fudgy and gooey texture.
- 1/4 cup (20g) bread crumbs
- 3,5 oz (100g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (180-200g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (90g) flour, sifted
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder, 100% cocoa
- 1 pinch of salt
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter and coat the bottom and sides with the bread crumbs, discarding any excess.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter with the sugar and vanilla powder. Add the eggs, one at a time, and whisk until smooth.
- In an other medium bowl, sift in the the flour, the cocoa powder and salt until well combined.
- Fold into the batter until just combined, and then scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake until the cake forms a thin skin on top but the batter is still loose in the center, about 15-18 minutes.
- Transfert the pan to a rack, let cool completely, and chill for 1 hour.