This balsamic strawberry quinoa salad with feta cheese makes an easy summer salad recipe, packed with refreshing flavors. Served as a main or a side dish, it’s a very festive salad, perfect for picnics and potlucks.
- 1 cup (180g) quinoa, uncooked and rinsed
- 5.3 ounces (150g) strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 5.3 ounces (150g) feta cheese, diced
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup (50g) hazelnuts, halved and toasted
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- A handful of basil leaves, minced
- In a medium pot placed over high heat, add quinoa and double the volume of water; bring mixture to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork. Cover and allow quinoa to sit in the pot for 10 minutes.
- Add quinoa to a large mixing bowl. Add strawberries, feta, avocado, and toss well.
- In a small sauté pan, slightly toast the hazelnuts for about 1 to 2 minutes, shaking the pan as you go to prevent from burning. Remove from heat and add to the salad.
- In a bowl, combine together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad just before serving, sprinkle some basil leaves all over, and toss well.
Keywords: strawberry quinoa salad