This warm and cozy spicy Thai coconut curry with roasted pumpkin makes a delicious and satisfying meal for the chilly fall nights ahead.
- 4 ounces (112g) Thai Red curry paste
- 1 cans (14 ounce / 400 ml) coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups (350 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups (500g) diced pumpkin of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 lime, juice + extra for serving
- 1-inch (2,5 cm) fresh ginger, grated + extra for serving
- 2 cups (60g) fresh spinach
- 1 pound (450g) tagliatelles or fettuccine
- 1/3 cup (35g) walnut halves, toasted
- Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Pomegranate seeds, for serving (optional)
- In a small saucepan placed over low-medium heat, whisk together the curry paste, coconut milk, broth, fish sauce, and peanut butter, until smooth.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large non-stick skillet and once hot, throw in the diced pumpkin, roasting on all sides until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with half of the sauce, add the lime juice, freshly grated ginger, and cook for a few minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until wilted. Don’t overcook or the sauce will become too thick. If so, add a little bit of the remaining sauce or a little bit of water to thin.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the tagliatelles according to package directions. Drain and stir with a little bit of the remaining sauce to prevent from sticking.
- To serve, divide the pasta into plates and spoon the curry overtop. Drizzle some additional lime juice and grate more fresh ginger. Top with toasted walnuts, pomegranate seeds, cilantro, and enjoy!
Recipe inspired and adapted from Half Baked Harvest.