Thick, chewy peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies made with no butter and no flour!
- 2/3 cup (60g) gluten free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (240g) creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup (120g) dark brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (100g) chocolate chips
- Pecan nuts
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together oats and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, then gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll cookies into balls and place onto a cookie sheet placed on a baking tray. Flatten the balls a little bit and add a pecan nut on top. Sprinkle some sea salt.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes and remove when edges barely begin to turn golden gold. The cookies must look a little bit underbaked but that’s ok because they will continue to bake once you remove them from the oven.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Feel free to replace peanut butter with almond butter or any other nut butter of your choice.
To make the cookies even healthier, replace the brown sugar with coconut sugar and use less chocolate chips or at least dark chocolate chips.