Ready in minutes, these skinny coconut oil chocolate chip cookies are thick, soft, and naturally sweetened. They are also gluten and dairy-free!
- 2 Tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon shredded coconut
- 2 cups (190g) almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (90g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Add the softened coconut oil and the maple syrup to a large bowl, and whisk until mixed together. Add the egg, vanilla, shredded coconut, and whisk together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir together with a wooden spoon until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet, using an ice-cream scoop or 2 Tablespoons, and spacing about two inches apart. Press down gently with your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake until set and the edges are golden brown, 8-9 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Keywords: skinny chocolate chip cookies, coconut oil cookies