Elegant seared sea scallops with an exotic touch!
- 1 small leek’s green part, finely choped
- 1 yellow onion, finely choped
- 1 carrot, finely choped
- 1 cup (240 ml) white wine
- 1 cup (240 ml) liquid cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 mangoes, cut into cubes
- 18 seared sea scallops
- 1 bouquet garni (thyme, parsley, bay)
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) butter
- Sweat (stir over low heat) the leek’s green part, the onion and the carrot in butter. Deglaze with white wine. Simmer for 30 minutes over low heat then pass the stock in very fine sieve. Add the cream and reduce until a creamy consistency (it should coat the spoon). Split the vanilla pod lengthwise. Remove the pan from the heat and scrape out the seed in the the warm sauce. Set aside, covered, for 1 hour.
- Fry the sea scallops with some olive oil, about 40 seconds on each side.
- Arrange on a hot plate alternating the sea scallops, vanilla sauce and fresh mangoes.