This savory zucchini bread with goat cheese and basil pesto is bursting with fresh flavors and will be a perfect addition to your summer picnics.
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons (12g) baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ounce (3 cl) olive oil + 1 Tablespoon for cooking
- 1 Tablespoon basil pesto
- 4 ounces (12.5 cl) milk, warmed up
- 7 ounces (200g) goat cheese, crumbled
- 3.5 ounces (100g) grated cheese
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease a loaf pan with oil. Set aside.
- Sauté diced zucchini in a large frying pan with one tablespoon of olive oil, until slightly golden.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and pat-dry.In a large bowl, mix together all-purpose flour, baking powder, eggs, olive oil, basil pesto and warm milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add diced zucchini, goat cheese, grated cheese and stir. If using, add a few basil leaves to the batter and stir.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Keywords: savory zucchini bread