These thick soft and chewy pretzel chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter are beyond amazing. Sprinkle some sea salt on top and you’ve got perfection!
- 2 ¼ cup (270g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (160g) unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup (135g) light brown sugar, loosely packed
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup (175g) dark chocolate chips
- 8–10 pretzel twists, chopped
- Sea salt
- Blend together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, pour the melted butter and whisk together with both sugars until no lumps remain. Whisk in the egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract, and peanut butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a rubber spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips and the chopped pretzel.
- Cover the dough and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours. Remove, and leave the dough at room temperature for 10-12 minutes before using it.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and line two large trays with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into balls, about 3 tsp of dough each, and place onto the baking tray, leaving enough space between each ball.
- Bake the cookies for 10- 12 minutes maximum. The cookies will look very soft and under-baked but they will continue to bake on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt while the cookies are still warm.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.