Salmon and Zucchini Ricotta Pie is a delicious savory pie, bursting with fresh, creamy flavors and a subtle hint of dill.
For the pie crust:
- 1 2/3 cups (200g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) butter, softened at room temperature, diced
- 1 large egg
- 1 pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 1 cup (250g) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 to 1 cup (125g to 250g) heavy cream*
- 7 oz (200g) smoked salmon
- 1 small bouquet fresh dill
- 2 medium-sized zucchinis, rinced and cut into thin slices
- 1–2 Tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- For the dough, dice the butter and mix all the ingredients together with one or two Tablespoons water, until the ingredient stick together and form a thick dough. Roll a large disk of 10.5 inch (26 cm) in diameter. Line a pie dish with the crust.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the heavy cream, adjusting the quantity of cream based on your own personal tastes. Spread over the crust and top with the smoked salmon. Scatter the dill all over.
- Stir-fry the zucchinis with the olive oil in a large pan, and season with salt and pepper. Place the zucchinis over the pie as described on the picture and bake for 20 minutes or until the filling is set.
* Depending on how creamy you want it.
Keywords: salmon zucchini pie