A delicious seasonal rustic galette with goat cheese, chorizo and wild mushrooms (egg free).
For the galette:
- 2 1/3 cups (280g) all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup (155g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons ice cold water
For the filling:
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 2/3 cup (100g) chorizo, sliced
- 3/4 cup (200g) goat cheese, sliced
- 1 2/3 cup (250g) wild mushrooms, cut in half
- For the galette: in a medium bowl, whisk the flour and salt together. Cut in the cold butter until mixture resembles coarse, pea-sized crumbs. Add ice cold water and gently knead the dough a few times in a bowl until it all comes together. Shape the dough into a ball and flatten it into a thick disk. Wrap it in plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the filling: Chop roughly the onions, and saute in a frying pie with some olive oil until slightly golden and translucent. Season with salt, pepper and paprika (optional).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C), and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Trim the edge of the circle if needed in order to make a quite regular circle. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the onions, chorizo, sliced goat cheese, and cut wild mushrooms into the center of the dough, leaving a 2-3 inch border all around. Gently fold the edges of the dough over the filling, overlapping the dough as necessary. Press gently to seal the edges.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the crust is slightly golden brown. Serve warm or lukewarm, with a side of salad.