Feed your soul with a nourishing meal featuring roasted delicata squash with quinoa and a mint pesto. Healthy, gluten-free and with a vegan option available, it’s a quick plant-based recipe everyone should try!
For the delicata squash:
- 2–4 delicata squash (or butternut squash*), depending on size
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups (180g) cooked quinoa
- 1 handful pomegranate seeds
For the mint pesto:
- 1 bunch fresh mint (about 40 leaves)
- 1/3 cup (approx. 35g) almond flour
- 1 teaspoon (5g) parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean the delicata squash* by running under warm water and scrubbing away dirt with your hands. If there are any hard spot on the squash, you can scrape them off with a knife.
- With a sharp knife, cut the delicata in half, lenghtwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Cut each delicata half into ½-inch (1 cm) segment. Arrange the pieces in a single layer in the baking sheet, and brush them with olive oil on both sides. Be careful, too much oil can make the squash soggy. Sprinkle the turmeric over, and salt gently.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 25-30 minutes or until both sides of the squash are golden brown, turning pieces with a spatula every 7-10 minutes.
- For the mint pesto: mix the mint leaves in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse a few times.
- Serve the delicata squash with a side of quinoa, drizzle the mint pesto over and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!
* If you are using butternut squash, peel away the skin.
Keywords: Delicata Squash Quinoa Bowl