Lovely pumpkin spice madeleines, both fluffy and airy in texture. Served with a hot cup of tea, they are your perfect little sweet treat for cold days.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon (100g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon milk
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (100g) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 pinch salt
- Brush the madeleine tray with melted butter or cooking spray, and shake in a little flour to coat, tapping out the excess.
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar in a bowl until frothy. Lightly whisk in the remaining ingredients. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Carefully pour the batter into the prepared madeleine tray, and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the mixture has risen a little in the middle and is fully cooked through. Transfer the madeleines to a wire rack and leave for a few minutes to cool slightly.