Puff pastry Christmas tree is a festive holiday appetizer with pull-apart breadsticks filled with savory toppings of your choice. Easy to make and delicious, it is sure to impress at your next Christmas party!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Unfold one sheet of puff pastry on top of the parchment paper and spread the pesto sauce all over.
- Unfold the second sheet of puff pastry and place on top of the first sheet of puff pastry. Press gently to seal the two sheets together.
- Cut out puff pastry in the shape of a Christmas tree. Reserve the extra pieces.
- Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, cut slits on both sides of the tree spacing them about 0.5-inch apart (or about 1,5 cm), leaving the center intact. Then, twist each strip of pastry twice or three times, pressing the ends into the baking sheet. Repeat with the puff pastry leftovers and place on a different baking sheet.
- Brush pastry with egg yolk mixed with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly, and enjoy as a pull-apart appetizer!
Keywords: Puff pastry Christmas tree