Say hello to the perfect vegan chocolate chip cookies. Thick, chewy, and prepared with no crazy ingredients, they taste exactly like a classic chocolate chip cookie!
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2/3 stick (75g) maragarine or vegan butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (120g) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup (160 gms) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup (90g) vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Prepare the flaxseed egg: mix ground flaxseed with water and set aside for a couple of minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat softened butter, and mix with sugar and brown sugar, using a hand mixer or a whisk. Add flaxseed egg, vanilla extract, and mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks and stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Form cookie balls, about 3 tablespoons each, and place onto the baking sheet, leaving enough space between each of them. Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes until firm to touch.
- Bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer on a wire rack to cool completely (unless you are dying to eat them warm!). Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies