This easy pear compote with black peppercorn and vanilla syrup will be perfect as an appetizer on your cheese board for your next gathering party!
- 2 small pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 vanilla pod, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper*
- 1 or 2 clove(s)
- 1/4 cup (50g) light brown sugar
- Place pears, sugar, black pepper*, clove and vanilla pod in a saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons water and bring to boil.
- Turn off the heat, grate the vanilla seeds in the pear compote. Then transfer to one or two glass jars.
- Let infuse for about 30 minutes or ideally overnight in the refrigerator. Serve with a cheese board, alongside with bread, crackers and fresh grapes.
* I use freshly cracked Timut black pepper, which brings beautiful aromas.
Keywords: pear compote