Summer salad with fresh mango, burrata cheese, toasted hazelnuts and a subtle mint pesto. Quick, easy, and full of exotic flavors.
For the mango salad:
- 2 fresh ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 8 ounces (225g) burrata cheese, drained
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste*
- 1 pinch freshly ground chili pepper (optional)**
- 1/4 cup (40g) hazelnuts
- 1 Tablespoon butter
For the mint pesto:
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- In a serving plate, place slices of mangoes and sprinkle burrata cheese all over. Season with freshly ground pepper and chili pepper (optional).
- In a frying pan, toast the whole hazelnuts in butter until golden-brown, stirring constantly. Remove from the pan and transfer the hazelnuts onto a clean towel. Rub them vigorously inside the towel to remove any loose skins. Chop hazelnuts roughly, and sprinkle over the salad.
- To prepare the mint pesto, mix mint leaves and olive oil in a food processor until finely ground. Pour the mint pesto over the mango-burrata salad and serve immediately.
* I used Timut pepper, from Southern Nepal.
** For best results in terms of flavor and heat, I recommend the use of a manual chili pepper mill to grind dried chili peppers.