These adorable healthy and no-bake mini key lime pies are the perfect bite-sized dessert for summer parties. They are also vegan, raw, and gluten free.
For the filling:
- 2 avocados
- 2 small limes, juice and zest
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) agave syrup
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup (75g) pitted dates (not soaked)
- 1/4 cup (40g) almonds
- 1/4 cup (40g) cashews
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1/2 lime (zest only)
- 1 handful raspberries
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups, or grease the cavities if you do not use paper cups.
- For the filling: mix all the ingredients together with a blender. Set aside.
- For the crust: in a food processor, mix the dates, almonds and cashews together until smooth. Add a pinch of salt and stir well.
- Press the crust into the greased or lined muffin tin, up to 1/4 to 1/3 height.
- Spoon in the filling.
- Cover with plastic film, creating contact between the filling and the film, and place in the freezer* for 1-2 hours. If it freezes hard like ice cream, just leave out 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle some shredded coconut, lime zest, and place a fresh raspberry on top. Enjoy!
* It’s important here to freeze instead of placing in the refrigerator, that would result in the oxidation of the avocado filling, which we do not want here.