Mediterranean Vegetable Quiche is packed with sun-drenched summer vegetables, feta cheese, and my favorite olive oil whole wheat pie crust. An absolute must try!
- 1 olive oil whole wheat pie crust
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3.5 ounces (100g) baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme or herbes de Provence
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5.3 ounces (150g) feta cheese, crumbled or diced
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup (120 ml) milk or cream
- ¼ cup (60g) parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Prepare the olive oil whole wheat pie crust and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) and grease a 9-inch (23 cm) pie dish or tart pan with oil. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Once hot, add onions and sauté for a few minutes until soft and tender, stirring often. Add diced bell pepper and sauté a few more minutes, stirring from time to time. Sprinkle some dry thyme or herbes de Provence, season with salt and pepper, and give a good stir. Finally add spinach and cook until wilted. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs with milk or cream, and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the olive oil whole wheat pie crust, then add the vegetables, crumbled or diced feta cheese, and pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the filling is set and the crust slightly golden and looks crispy.
Keywords: Mediterranean Vegetable Quiche