Add some sun to your plate with this easy Mediterranean couscous salad with chickpeas, olives and artichoke hearts. Vegan, healthy and wholesome, this couscous salad is easy to customize and perfect for summer picnics!
For the couscous salad*:
- 1 cup (200g) couscous
- 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon (250 ml) water
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 9.9-ounces can (250g) green olives, pitted
- 1 9.9-ounces can (250g) kalamata/black olives, pitted
- 1 9.9-ounces jar (250g) artichoke hearts
- 3 ounces (85g) sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 14-ounces jar (400g) chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup (7 ounces / 200g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon capers (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves
For the vinaigrette:
- 2–3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider
- Salt and pepper
- Pour the couscous in a large mixing bowl and cover with water. Let sit for about 30 minutes, fluffing couscous from time to time with a fork. Add one Tablespoon of olive oil and fluff.
- Add all the other ingredients to the mixing bowl, adjusting quantities/proportions based on your personal tastes.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a smaller bowl, then add to the salad and toss well. It’s ready to serve!
* Note that except for the couscous itself, all the ingredient quantities and proportions are entirely up to you, depending on how you like your salads. Feel free to add more or less of any of the ingredients, remove some of them, add others of your choice, etc.
Keywords: Vegan Mediterranean Couscous Salad